After the success of our Autumn Sing! course we are delighted to be able to offer another learn to sing course starting in January 2023!
An amazing 8-week singing course led by choral director and expert vocal coach Will Bruce, the course will unleash your voice in a positive and engaging atmosphere. Learn fantastic songs in a variety of styles, build your vocal confidence and feel the energy boost choral singing gives you! Don’t worry if you’re a little nervous – this course focuses on singing as a group and building your confidence.
The benefits of singing for our health and well-being are well known; and for those who are recovering still from Covid-19 this course could be beneficial – our lungs can benefit from the longer exhalations needed whilst singing which can also help to promote relaxation and reduce the body’s stress response.
What will the sessions include?
- a booklet with all the music plus more useful information
- vocal warm-ups and exercises to help with technique
- body awareness, posture and alignment
- secure breathing techniques
- group singing and developing good listening and blending skills
- achieving good quality vocal performance while using your voice in a safe and healthy manner
- a core repertoire of songs
- a variety of musical styles
- the basics of musical notation.
Who is the course for?
Anyone who wants to explore their voice – beginners or those with some choral experience!
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- sing with increased confidence
- sing with an increased vocal range
- pitch match (sing back tunes) with greater accuracy
- understand some basic music notation
- understand the basics of vocal health.
What else do I need to know, do or bring? Book your place and bring a pencil – a musician’s essential tool!
Where is the venue? Cardigan House, Ferncliffe Road, Bingley (run by Community Action, Bradford)
4-5 minute walk from Bingley Train Station
5 minute walk from bus stops on Main Street, Bingley
2 car parks within 1 minute walk from venue
Large hall at ground level (no stairs)
Kitchen where we will serve refreshments
Good toilet facilities
What about Covid-19 precautions?
1. The space we have available is large and allows for people to distance at their discretion.
2. The space will be well ventilated for the course, including an air purifier.
Questions? If you have further questions please email us at email@example.com with the title ‘Sing! Course’ and we will come back to you as soon as possible.Get my tickets