Co-Chair of Trustees and/or Choir Secretary
Maggie Eisner is currently combining these roles. We need someone either to take over one of them, or to share both roles. The combined roles include:
- Keeping an overview of all choir activities
- Preparing agendas for Trustee meetings and chairing them.
- Liaising with the Musical Director
- Liaising with committee members and working groups
- Preparing agendas for committee meetings, and chairing them
- Communicating with members by email
- Communicating with members at meetings
- Responding to members’ suggestions and concerns
- Corresponding with other organisations, e g other choirs, Bradford Council, etc
- Responding to approaches from other organisations
Member of Finance Team
Mark Clayton is BFCS Treasurer; others involved with week-to-week finance are Sue Bennett (membership sec, subscriptions), Peter Olney (Front of House at concerts). James Craig assists in the preparation of final accounts for the AGM, Companies House and the Charity Commission.
There are two possibilities for a new member of the team:
- Someone to operate a simple week-to-week bookkeeping system so that different income sources are clearly defined and easily extractable – or –
- Someone to work alongside Mark with a view to taking over as Treasurer next season.
Publicity group – public relations
The Publicity group (Jonathan Phillips, Rachel Blackeby, Peter Olney, Chris Ketchen, Steve Leman) are looking for someone to take a co-ordinated proactive approach to e g
- linking up with schools, music teachers, making sure they know about concerts … and that they are free to under 18s,
- contacting large employers who can promote the choir through staff news letters etc
- be on the look out for up and coming events like concerts by other choirs where we can advertise
- making relationships with subscription concerts like Ilkley and the Leeds orchestra season.
Design and production of flyers and programmes
Maggie Eisner is currently doing this and will be very happy to work alongside a new person when they start. It involves
- Very simple computer design (currently Word), keeping to the BFCS house style
- Liaising with Musical Director and other musicians for text and information, and with Membership Team for up to date choir list
- Putting it all together and proofreading it
- Liaising with printers
- (in future, if we succeed in getting advertisers) Liaising with advertisers and adapting their artwork to fit into programmes
Member of Commission Group
This group (Steve Leman, Rob Voakes, Sue Wainwright, Maggie Eisner) started to consider the commissioning of a new musical work, with the theme Bradford, City of Sanctuary, to be premiered in 2018 or 2019. However, the current members do not have enough time to pursue this without more support.
If the project is to continue, the team needs a new member to be involved in such activities as
- Liaising with potential composers
- Liaising with potential funders
- Choice of text, and of composer