Can’t make a rehearsal?
Drop a quick text to 07774 680092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently rehearsing using Zoom, and will resume live rehearsals and performances once government guidance, our venue and our own risk assessments allow us to do so.
Online rehearsal instructions and troubleshooting
How to join the rehearsal:
Joining the rehearsal is easy – simply click the link sent by email (it’s the same link for every rehearsal) and follow the onscreen prompts.
You should join the rehearsal from TEN MINUTES before the start time – no earlier please!
Alternatively use the dial in option (also in the choir email).
If you’ve been at your computer all day and can’t face more screen-time, or if the time’s not convenient, don’t worry – we plan to record all the rehearsals and make them available for two weeks on our YouTube channel so you can watch them at your convenience!
We are currently updating our members’ guide to online rehearsals – check back soon for the new guide.
Click here for Zoom’s own tutorial.
How the rehearsals will work / etiquette:
This is very different from a normal rehearsal! We will be working on repertoire, having sectionals (using breakout rooms), developing musicianship skills with short sessions (with different levels available) and welcoming some very exciting guests to lead sessions.
– Because of the inherent latency in connection, there is no way of hearing everyone’s sound at the same time – there is no software that can deal with this. This means that you sing along at home with the director and you must have your mic switched off most of the time. This can be done by clicking the bottom of the video screen where a mic should appear – click so this is red.
– No other software (browsers / social media etc) can be open during the rehearsal – we don’t want you to accidentally present the content of your screen to the whole choir!
– Using headphones will improve the quality of the sound you hear (unless you have fabulous speakers attached to your computer).
– Access the rehearsal from an appropriate space (not a bedroom or bathroom) and be aware that if your video feed is on (which makes it feel more sociable) we can see you!
– Use the chat feature to ask questions and say hi to everyone
– If there are connectivity problems, don’t panic! If your connection drops you should be able to rejoin easily. If Tom cuts out, Chris will take over, and vice versa.
Dates for the 2020-21 Season …
September 2nd – rehearsals start
September 5th – 2020-21 season launch online concert
November 21st – Pre-recorded online concert
December 19th – Christmas Concert
January 6th 2021 – rehearsals start
March 12th (Friday) – Concert with European Union Chamber Orchestra, St George’s Hall (Nelson Mass)
March 24th – last rehearsal of term
April 14th – rehearsals start
May tbc – vocal workshop / come and sing event
June 26th tbc – Concert – Purcell Dido and Aeneas, Strozzi Madrigals, Bach Cantata 196